Colombian pop star Shakira on Friday visited the village in Lebanon where her paternal grandmother was born.
“Hello Tannourine, thank you, I am happy to be here!”, the 41-year-old singer said in Arabic during a visit to the village of Tannourine in Lebanon’s mountainous north.
Accompanied by local officials, Shakira also visited a nature reserve that grows cedar trees — Lebanon’s national emblem — and planted two saplings.
To mark the occasion, a small patch of the reserve was named “Shakira Mubarak” — after one of the singer’s family names.
On Friday evening, she will kick off the Cedars International Festival in Lebanon, a concert set to attract 13,000 people.
The artist is in Lebanon with her two sons.
- “Let your daughter be happy, please” – Chrissy Teigen tells Meghan Markle’s Dad - July 30, 2018
- Three sisters confess to killing their dad after “years of sexual abuse and torture” - July 30, 2018
- “Happy birthday to my double blessing” – Femi Adebayo celebrates his twin sons as they clock a year older - July 30, 2018
- Groom, family members die in car crash on their way to wedding - July 30, 2018
- Celebrity Families: Beyonce and Jay-Z hang out backstage with DJ Khaled and his family at their On the Run II Tour (Photos) - July 30, 2018
- See this Nigerian father’s reactions for seeing his daughter after 2 years - July 30, 2018
- Photos from the wedding of Taraba state governor’s son - July 30, 2018
- Chelsea striker, Alvaro Morata and wife Alice Campello welcome lovely set of twins - July 30, 2018
- Iyabo Ojo’s children excited to see their dad for the first time in 6years - July 30, 2018
- Adorable new photos of Femi Fani-Kayode’s triplets - July 30, 2018