Colombian pop star Shakira on Friday visited the village in Lebanon where her paternal grandmother was born.
“Hello Tannourine, thank you, I am happy to be here!”, the 41-year-old singer said in Arabic during a visit to the village of Tannourine in Lebanon’s mountainous north.
Accompanied by local officials, Shakira also visited a nature reserve that grows cedar trees — Lebanon’s national emblem — and planted two saplings.
To mark the occasion, a small patch of the reserve was named “Shakira Mubarak” — after one of the singer’s family names.
On Friday evening, she will kick off the Cedars International Festival in Lebanon, a concert set to attract 13,000 people.
The artist is in Lebanon with her two sons.
- Tboss pens lovely birthday message to her mom - July 18, 2018
- Councillor kills wife for condemning his affair with son’s girlfriend - July 18, 2018
- Nigerian soldier killed by Boko Haram just 3 months after wedding introduction - July 18, 2018
- Serena Williams’ father Richard ordered to undergo mental evaluation amid divorce battle - July 18, 2018
- Nigerian man lists rules and regulations his future wife must follow - July 18, 2018
- Sumbo Adeoye praises husband as he performs father’s duties on their newborn son - July 18, 2018
- Adorable photos of Bauchi Governor’s second wife, Barrister Aisha Mohammed and her lovely kids - July 18, 2018
- 23-year-old mom hanged herself in front of her daughter after an argument with her partner on him sleeping with another woman - July 18, 2018
- Check out cute photo of these beautiful dwarf twin sisters - July 18, 2018
- Hollywood stars, Eli Roth and Lorenza Izzo announce they’re separating - July 18, 2018