Colombian pop star Shakira on Friday visited the village in Lebanon where her paternal grandmother was born.
“Hello Tannourine, thank you, I am happy to be here!”, the 41-year-old singer said in Arabic during a visit to the village of Tannourine in Lebanon’s mountainous north.
Accompanied by local officials, Shakira also visited a nature reserve that grows cedar trees — Lebanon’s national emblem — and planted two saplings.
To mark the occasion, a small patch of the reserve was named “Shakira Mubarak” — after one of the singer’s family names.
On Friday evening, she will kick off the Cedars International Festival in Lebanon, a concert set to attract 13,000 people.
The artist is in Lebanon with her two sons.
- How to let go and let God:Letting go and letting God in Relationships - December 2, 2018
- How to Spice up your Marriage - November 28, 2018
- How to know God’s Will in a Relationship - November 28, 2018
- Check out the Best Aso-Ebi Styles Of The Week - November 28, 2018
- Adorable family photo to celebrate 29th wedding anniversary of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and his wife Dolapo. - November 25, 2018
- Guarding your Heart in a Relationship - November 25, 2018
- How does God Bring Two People Together - November 25, 2018
- Kevin Hart son Kenzo clocks one - November 21, 2018
- Examples of being Unequally Yoked in Relationships - November 18, 2018
- Letting go and letting God in relationships. - November 14, 2018