Colombian pop star Shakira on Friday visited the village in Lebanon where her paternal grandmother was born.
“Hello Tannourine, thank you, I am happy to be here!”, the 41-year-old singer said in Arabic during a visit to the village of Tannourine in Lebanon’s mountainous north.
Accompanied by local officials, Shakira also visited a nature reserve that grows cedar trees — Lebanon’s national emblem — and planted two saplings.
To mark the occasion, a small patch of the reserve was named “Shakira Mubarak” — after one of the singer’s family names.
On Friday evening, she will kick off the Cedars International Festival in Lebanon, a concert set to attract 13,000 people.
The artist is in Lebanon with her two sons.
- If you don’t have these 6 conversations, it can never be “Happily ever after…” - September 12, 2018
- The 3 P’s That Can Poison Your Marriage - September 12, 2018
- Heavily pregnant Linda Ikeji spotted exercising by showing off her dancing moves - September 6, 2018
- This Woman has been Carrying her sick Husband on her back for 5 years (watch video) - September 4, 2018
- Instagram user reveals how he almost poisoned his brother over 9ice and Ruggedman’s beef - September 4, 2018
- Archbishop Duncan-Williams explains why his first marriage of 26-years failed - September 4, 2018
- See lovely photo of Dbanj and his wife Lineo as they baecation in Dubai - September 4, 2018
- MC Galaxy announces his wedding date, says he is marrying the best woman in the world - September 4, 2018
- This 4-Year-Old ‘Superhero’ called 999 when his mum Collapsed (Watch Video) - September 4, 2018
- Wizkid’s first baby mama, Shola Ogudu calls him a toxic parent? - September 4, 2018