Sharp Friends Are Safe Friends
‘As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.’
Proverbs 27:17 NLT
Have you ever watched a chef sharpening a carving knife on one of those round sharpening steels? The chef is using one piece of metal to take the rough edges off another and improve it. BUT, importantly, it only works if the chef does it in the correct way. If he does it the wrong way, the knife gets even more blunt. No slice of roast beef for you today. Now, imagine that you’re having a disagreement with a friend. If you approach the problem with anger and blame, you’ll exaggerate the problem to something far worse. It’s super-easy to get defensive and fall into a blame game that only ends up hurting everyone involved – no slice of friendship for you today. But when we prayerfully approach our tender issues with love and honesty, it opens the door to a calm discussion and possibly a stronger, ‘new, improved’ relationship. Take a look at these wisdom-pearls on the matter: Proverbs 20:3 says, ‘Avoiding a fight is a mark of honor; only fools insist on quarreling’ (NLT), and Proverbs 15:18 says, ‘A hot-tempered person stirs up conflict, but the one who is patient calms a quarrel’ (NIV). No two ways about it, then. It’s time to drop our pride and look at what’s best for the long term. As long as we’re here, we’re not going to avoid having disagreements (we don’t have halos yet!), but when they do happen, try to make them constructive.
Choose a friend, any friend. Tell them something you like about them today.
- Suspected kidnapper apprehended after abducting boy in Lagos - July 26, 2018
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle melt hearts as they kiss at the Sentebale Polo Match - July 26, 2018
- Alaafin of Oyo with all his wives at daughter’s Royal wedding (photos) - July 25, 2018
- How We Discovered the Secret to a Better Sex Life - July 25, 2018
- The Pain of Losing A Child - July 25, 2018
- 5 New Year Resolutions for every Single Mother - July 25, 2018
- Video of a woman Giving Birth In her back Garden - July 24, 2018
- College Life for a Single Mum - July 22, 2018
- Teaching Self Defence to your Teenager - July 22, 2018
- Parents,Reverend Funke Adejumo may be barred from entering the UK, US here is why - July 20, 2018