Raising a child as a single father has several challenges. First, you will be constantly undermined by those who think you are incapable. Next, you will have to work a proper work/life balance to be able to provide for your child and be present in their lives as well. It is nothing to be ashamed of seeking an extra pair of hands to help juggle all this.
Nannies provide the much-needed support and take after your child as you focus on other things. However, it is not an easy task for a single dad to find the best nanny for their child. Here is how to go about it:
- Ask for referrals – Your friends, Colleagues or family could be in the know of a good nanny they can refer for your child. Be keen to ask for people they have worked with in the past whose reputation and services are commendable. There is nothing wrong with admitting that you need help and seeking it.
- Use your local directory – You can find listed nanny agencies in your local directory or online search. This is a good place to look for a nanny as you can be able to research more about an agency, their reviews, services, and costs. If there is an agency within your locality, a physical visit to their offices will tell a lot about their competence and service delivery.
- Determine your budget – How much are you willing to spend on a nanny? Determining your budget will narrow down your search significantly giving you an easy time to choose from those within your budget. Remember to offer a decent amount for quality services. You can also choose to have a full-time or part-time nanny as your budget dictates.
- Live in nanny or not? – A live in nanny basically moves into your house for the entire contract period. The other alternative is having one that comes in the early morning and leaves in the evening. Each option has its pros and cons but the decision should be made in regards to the child’s welfare. It may be an inconvenience to have a stranger always in your house but it is the best option if you have a demanding job.
- Determine your child’s needs – If you are a father with a special needs child, you may want to put more thought into finding them a nanny. There are highly trained nannies whose qualifications are tailored towards special needs children. They cost a bit more than the average nannies but definitely the best choice for a special needs child.
The most important thing about being a single parent is being responsible for your child’s welfare. For a single dad, a demanding job or other commitments limit the time he has to take care of his child. Hiring a professional nanny not only frees his time but also provides the much-needed peace of mind he needs to be able to concentrate on other things. Finding a good nanny needs a little bit of effort but is definitely worthwhile in the end.
- How to Handle Social Media Behavior of Teenagers - February 19, 2018
- Difference Between Pride & Ego - February 18, 2018
- The 21st Century Woman: How To Better Understand What She Really Wants - February 4, 2018
- How to keep your head high as a single mother - January 27, 2018
- Single mothers after divorce, what to do? - January 26, 2018
- Single Mothers are not all about Disasters. Here are things you didn’t know about Single Mums - January 24, 2018
- Single Dads this is how you look for a nanny - January 23, 2018
- When to introduce your boyfriend to your child - January 21, 2018
- Picking up the pieces when he walks out on you; Single and pregnant - January 21, 2018
- Manscapping, The Art of Manhood - January 15, 2018