The roles of Single Mums on fathers day:It is important to celebrate all fathers who play a role in their children’s lives every once in a while and Father’s day provides a perfect opportunity to do that. But what happens if you and your partner separate or they were never in the picture to begin with?
Either way, it is a hard day especially if you are a single mother who is confused as to what you should do on father’s day. Here are some tips that will get you through father’s day as a single mother.
Do not snub the day
You might be able to get away with not celebrating father’s day when your child is younger, but as they grow older, it will be difficult for your child on this day. By not celebrating the other half that created them, children can really reflect on their identity in a negative light.
As a mother, the last thing you want is for your child to blame themselves for their father’s absence in their lives. Do not ignore the day, celebrate it with the other strong men in your life and your child’s as well. It could be their grandfather or uncle and this way, your child will not feel left out.
Your child might not be in school yet but it is a good idea to think about the activities that the school they go to might hold especially on father’s day. For Mother’s day, most schools will hold an event, and it’s likely to be the same on Father’s day.
So what can you do as a single mother? Send a friend or family member who is a constant loving and supportive man in your child’s life. Ensure that you check with that person’s schedule ahead of time so that they can avail themselves on that day.
Talk about it
Whether they passed on, or they chose not to be part of your child’s life, it is important to have an open discussion with your child and acknowledge their dad on Father’s day. The day provides you with an opportunity to talk about him in an honest and respectful manner.
If the father passed on, the day will be difficult for everyone, but try to make it a day of remembrance. Celebrate the memory of your child’s father by going to his favorite restaurant, cooking his favorite meal or just sharing your favorite memories of him.
As a single mother, you need to embrace the fact that you children love their father even if he chose to leave. As difficult as it may be, it is important that you allow them to celebrate their father without feeling any guilt or fear that they may hurt your feelings.
Whether, you are angry, sad or mad, try to approach Father’s day with a positive spirit for the sake of your children. Otherwise, the children will pick up on the negativity and it could cause them to create a negative association with their dad, Father’s day and possibly with other men in their lives. Make the day enjoyable for your children with a teaching and positive spirit.
- Husband pleads Not Guilty to Murder of Alizee & Daughter - April 11, 2018
- PRAY FOR GOD’S FAVOUR - April 11, 2018
- 4 things single parents will not tell you about their situation. - March 26, 2018
- Tips on Raising Your Daughter as a Single Dad - March 25, 2018
- What is Cryptocurrency ? Cryptocurrency 101, what you should know - March 11, 2018
- WHAT ARE THE SIGNS OF NON-VERBAL COMMUNICATION FROM YOUR SPOUSE - March 6, 2018
- HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT? HOW TO BE PATIENT WHILE SINGLE - March 5, 2018
- 14 Sex Rules That Every Couple Must Follow for a Great Sex Life - March 4, 2018
- WE HAD SEX BEFORE OUR WEDDING. ARE THERE CONSEQUENCES? FIND OUT NOW! - March 4, 2018
- The Dos and Don’ts of Dealing With Your In-Laws - February 25, 2018