Sokoto state governor, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, has donated a truck-load of food, baby items and cash to the local farmer whose wife gave birth quadruplets in Sokoto last weekend.
A statement issued by Tambuwal’s spokesman, Imam Imam, said the man, Lawwali Maishinkafa Illela, was given the sum of N500,000 to support his farming business while assorted food items and baby wears were presented to the couple at their family home in Illela LGA of Sokoto State.
Presenting the items on behalf of the Governor, the state commissioner for social welfare, Alhaji Surajo Gatawa, said the state government will continue to cater for the needs of the new born babies and their parents.
“We are here to present these items as a means of support to you. The birth of a child is a moment of joy to us. And because God decided to give you four at the same time, our joys are four-fold. We thank God for this joy and addition to your family and we will continue to monitor the progress of the children through you,” the commissioner told the father and his wife Shafa’atu.
He added that the Illela local government council has already been directed to monitor the progress of the babies, and ensure that health officials at the nearby primary healthcare centre constantly check on the family.
Responding, Mr. Illela commended Tambuwal for his show of humanity, and expressed delight that the intervention is coming at a time it is needed most.
“We are not rich, but through these kids and through the Governor, God has made us rich. We thank you very much and we’ll forever cherish this intervention,” he said.
Items donated include different types of wears, baby-friendly mosquito nets, bags of rice, millet and sorghum, cartons of milk, crates of egg, cartons of spaghetti and macaroni, wrappers and other wears for the parents, among others.
- WOW! Housemaid thrown lavish wedding years after her Madam adopted her for being humble (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! Man beats wife to death in Benue (Graphics Photos) - August 21, 2017
- THANK GOD! Checkout Funke Akindele’s Baby Bump (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- FREE BONANZA! A hospital in Kaduna is offering free surgery for a week to celebrate President Buhari’s return - August 20, 2017
- Monalisa Chinda- How I knew my 2nd husband was the one for me - August 20, 2017
- Kiki Osinbajo all smiles and pretty in new photo - August 20, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian men celebrate Pres.Buhari’s return by drinking water and soft drink from the ground (Photos) - August 20, 2017
- Bawo Emami Appreciates God Amidst Curses And Insults From Followers(Read Comments) - August 20, 2017
- FAMILY VACATION! IK Osakioduwa and family visit Guliver’s land - August 20, 2017
- ‘I never had a boyfriend’ – Enugu girl who made 9As in WAEC - August 20, 2017