A South African man identified as Lesiba Kekana committed a despicable act in Limpopo after he called his wife he accused of infidelity on phone, just to listen to him killing their children.
Lesiba Kekana was arrested and arraigned before the court. He was sentenced to 52-years in prison after he was found guilty of slitting the throats of his four sons to death in 2015.
Kekana’s lawyer reportedly argued that the murderer (Kekana) has been grief-stricken after committing the heinous crime, for which reason his sentence should be reduced.
However, having heard the argument of the lawyers, Judge Tati Makgoka who spoke on behalf of the five-member panel of judges got angry and ended up increasing the sentence from 52 years to life a imprisonment.
According to Judge Tati Makgoka, in 2016, The judge that gave Kekana 52-year in prison ruled that knowing Kekana had “shown no mercy” and “slaughtered” his children like “sheep”, he could not impose a heavier sentence because when he pleaded guilty, Kekana had invoked a section of the Criminal Law Amendment Act that relates to murders that are not premeditated.
Kekana lawyer and the appeal court disagreed with the ruling of Judge Tati Makgoka, but he said the facts of the case in question show sufficiently that the crime was premeditated.
- What My Father Did When I Became Pregnant At Age 14 – Nigerian Actress, Ada Ameh Reveals - November 18, 2018
- Ooni of Ife reveals he had a spiritual wife before marrying Naomi - November 18, 2018
- Gabrielle Union explains idea behind her daughter’s name - November 18, 2018
- We sold our day-old baby for N250, 000 to pay off debts – Suspect - November 18, 2018
- I still kneel before my husband despite my achievement, he is the head of the home – Billionaire busineswoman, Ibukun Awosika says - November 18, 2018
- So sad! Pastor’s Daughter Kills Her Own Baby Just 2 Days After Delivery - November 18, 2018
- Nigerian Man batters his wife for slamming the door - November 18, 2018
- Tonto Dikeh and ex-husband Olakunle Churchill shade each other - November 18, 2018
- Lady turns down 2 jobs because of boyfriend’s plans, gets shocking response - November 18, 2018
- Will Smith and Jada Pinkett wish his baby mama a happy birthday, see her reaction - November 18, 2018