Signs of Teen Depression
Depression, is much more than just feeling the blues for a day or two. Depression is a lot more serious, and in case if it’s not detected and treated, it can result in an unhappy life filled up with undesirable – and quite often harmful – thoughts and behaviors.
Take a look at some of the signs of teen depression as outlined on the Mental Health America website:
- Sleeping more than usual.
- Tired all the time. Moping around. Not having the energy to do very much.
- Extreme sadness.
- A change in mood. He/she used to be in a good mood most of the time, but lately he/she is cranky and very sad.
- Not interested in the things he/she used to be interested in, including school or sport activities, hobbies, etc.
- Not wanting to hang out with friends or family members.
- Appetite changes. May eat more or less than usual.
- Trouble sleeping
- Becomes very critical of self, others, and life in general. Verbally says he/she is worth nothing, nothing ever goes his or her way, etc.
- Spending a lot of time dwelling on negative thoughts
- Makes comments about how hopeless or depressed he/she is
- Pain in the body
- Making alarming comments like, “I wish I could just disappear” or “This world would be better off without me”.
- Writing poetry or journaling about death
Of course, most of the signs above point out habits a large number of teenagers do ever so often. However if your teen has most of these symptoms, he or she may obviously be battling with depression.
- Romantic Valentine’s Day Messages for Her - February 13, 2019
- Essential tips for When Someone you love hurts you Deeply - February 11, 2019
- Senator wear designs for men in Nigeria (PHOTOS) - January 26, 2019
- Senator Native Designs For Men 2019 - January 26, 2019
- Ibidunni Ighodalo has given birth to a baby boy after 19 years of waiting. - January 23, 2019
- When He disappears for a few Days - January 23, 2019
- When God takes away a Relationship - January 23, 2019
- What should a Husband do in a Sexless Marriage - January 23, 2019
- Scriptures to Speak over your Child - December 31, 2018
- EWEDU AND ITS HEALTH BENEFITS.10 Health Benefits of Ewedu leaf - December 31, 2018