Signs of Teen Depression
Depression, is much more than just feeling the blues for a day or two. Depression is a lot more serious, and in case if it’s not detected and treated, it can result in an unhappy life filled up with undesirable – and quite often harmful – thoughts and behaviors.
Take a look at some of the signs of teen depression as outlined on the Mental Health America website:
- Sleeping more than usual.
- Tired all the time. Moping around. Not having the energy to do very much.
- Extreme sadness.
- A change in mood. He/she used to be in a good mood most of the time, but lately he/she is cranky and very sad.
- Not interested in the things he/she used to be interested in, including school or sport activities, hobbies, etc.
- Not wanting to hang out with friends or family members.
- Appetite changes. May eat more or less than usual.
- Trouble sleeping
- Becomes very critical of self, others, and life in general. Verbally says he/she is worth nothing, nothing ever goes his or her way, etc.
- Spending a lot of time dwelling on negative thoughts
- Makes comments about how hopeless or depressed he/she is
- Pain in the body
- Making alarming comments like, “I wish I could just disappear” or “This world would be better off without me”.
- Writing poetry or journaling about death
Of course, most of the signs above point out habits a large number of teenagers do ever so often. However if your teen has most of these symptoms, he or she may obviously be battling with depression.
- How to let go and let God:Letting go and letting God in Relationships - December 2, 2018
- How to Spice up your Marriage - November 28, 2018
- How to know God’s Will in a Relationship - November 28, 2018
- Check out the Best Aso-Ebi Styles Of The Week - November 28, 2018
- Adorable family photo to celebrate 29th wedding anniversary of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and his wife Dolapo. - November 25, 2018
- Guarding your Heart in a Relationship - November 25, 2018
- How does God Bring Two People Together - November 25, 2018
- Kevin Hart son Kenzo clocks one - November 21, 2018
- Examples of being Unequally Yoked in Relationships - November 18, 2018
- Letting go and letting God in relationships. - November 14, 2018