A CCTV footage showing the horrifying moment a teenager mowed down five men after stealing his dad’s BMW has emerge.
In the footage, Max Maxwell, 18, swang onto the wrong side of the road before mounting the footpath and crunched into some men as they walked to the pub in Canvey, Essex.
The schoolboy, who had passed his driving test only three days before, fled the scene immediately after and only handed himself in at a local police station 20 hours later.
Cops said the victims – all friends in their 20s – were left with “life-changing physical and emotional injuries”. The men had been on their way to watch the Grand National at a local pub earlier this year. They were left bleeding and with open fractures in a scene described in court as looking like a “war zone”.
Max has been sentenced to three years and three months in a young offenders’ institution and banned from driving for five years and seven months.
Sgt Steve Holmes said:
Max Maxwell took his father’s car without permission then drove it in such a manner that he endangered the lives of the public.
He ploughed into the five men, causing some horrific life-changing injuries and ongoing emotional and psychological trauma.
He had absolutely no concern for them whatsoever and ran away. He then hid from us for almost 20 hours before handing himself in.
The footage of the collision that we have released today is shocking. It is a miracle that none of the victims were killed.
I would like to thank them and their families for being patient and understanding throughout this investigation.
They have conducted themselves with great dignity, despite having endured the most horrific ordeal.
- Examples of being Unequally Yoked in Relationships - November 18, 2018
- Letting go and letting God in relationships. - November 14, 2018
- Signs that you are being Ghosted in a Relationship - November 14, 2018
- The Best Sex Positions During Pregnancy - October 30, 2018
- Cucumber benefits for men: Cucumber wonders is more than boosting men’s sex drive - October 26, 2018
- Benefits of bitter kola - October 23, 2018
- How God Can Bring People Together - October 17, 2018
- Being Ghosted in a Relationship. - October 11, 2018
- Fighting for my marriage.If you don’t have these 6 conversations, it can never be “Happily ever after…” - September 12, 2018
- The 3 P’s That Can Poison Your Marriage - September 12, 2018