THE BEST POSITIONS TO GET PREGNANT. When you are in the process of trying to have baby, it is not surprising that you will try anything that can increase your chances – such as considering which positions are better for getting pregnant.
However, before you start thinking about sex positions, it is important to also consider the frequency with which you engage in active and enjoyable sex – assuming both you and your partner are fertile. Also, try not to stress yourself out worrying about it, and make sure you aren’t using contraceptives.
Now when it comes to sex positions for getting pregnant there are a few things you need to know first to increase your chances of success.
- First of all, you have to ensure that your partner’s semen gets as deep as possible into your vagina. That is, as close to the cervix – which is the opening to the uterus – as possible.
- Try not to stand up immediately after sex because the gravity will result in the ejaculate leaking out of your vagina.
- Try to lie on your back with your lower back raised with a pillow for about 30 minutes after sex in order to tilt the vagina backward such that the semen pools in your cervix. There’s a bit of controversy on whether this really helps or not, but there’s no harm in giving it a shot.
- You can also try raising up your knees or legs when you are done to increase the influence of gravity. Heck, some women have claimed that they were able to conceive because they placed their legs up on the wall near their beds.
- Lastly, some believe that not going to the bathroom to pee right after sex also helps. So give it a shot too.
What are the things to avoid if you are trying sex positions for getting pregnant?
Don’t have sex sitting or standing up because with these positions, gravity is your enemy and the semen is even more likely to leak out of your vagina.
Don’t have sex infrequently or inconsistently.
Don’t make sex a chore with the single focus of making a baby. Many partners get turned off if they feel that all they are bringing to the table is their sperm. Don’t let the whole conception situation overshadow every other thing you’ve got going on in your life.
Quit feeling anxious or tense. It is essential that you enjoy your sex life and be as relaxed as possible, don’t toss out the feeling of pleasure and fun.
Now that we know all these things, what exactly is the best position to get pregnant?
THE MISSIONARY POSITION
This position has been considered to be one of the best positions for getting pregnant as it is very conducive to conception.
It got its name during a period where missionaries were reported to have insisted that any other position was sinful to practice because sex was only to be used for one purpose – conception. The missionaries insisted that the face to face arrangement was the only acceptable way to get pregnant.
In the traditional position, you lie down on your back and spread out your legs, with both knees bent and your feet firm on the bed. Your partner then climbs over you, facing you.
Over the years, this sex position went through many variations such you raising one or both legs while your partner either holds them in place or rests them on his shoulders. Or you extend your knees.
One of the major reasons why this position is ideal for getting pregnant is that, because you are lying on your back, your vagina is tilted downwards toward your cervix which makes it easier for the sperm to get through your cervix to your uterus.
Another bonus is that it allows your partner’s penis to penetrate very deeply into your vagina such that his sperm can enter your cervix directly immediately after ejaculation. No muss, no fuss.THE BEST POSITIONS TO GET PREGNANT.
In addition, the missionary position is extremely cozy and encourages great body contact. When you are able to face your partner like this, you can kiss and hug while you are having sex. You, the woman are able to move freely and your partner can elevate his body with the use of his knees or his hands, thereby keeping his weight off you.
If you want to further increase your chances of conception using the missionary position, once your partner ejaculates, perform these actions:
- Keep his penis as deep as possible for a few minutes inside you to prevent minimal quantities of semen from leaking out.
- After taking out your partner’s penis, gently press your labia together to prevent any further leakage.
Of course, despite your best efforts, some semen will likely still flow out of your vagina when you stand up. But don’t freak out, by this point – after you’ve done all the things above – whatever sperm remaining in your vagina will no longer be viable. This is the reason why staying on your back longer than 30 minutes won’t improve your chances of getting pregnant.
One the other hand, if you are feeling a bit adventurous and want to change things up a bit in the bedroom without hurting your chances of conception, try these positions as well:
- Lie down side by side with your partner – either by facing each other or by having your partner enter you from behind in a spooning position. This position is super comfortable and preferable for overweight partners or those who have back problems.
- The rear entry position allows your partner to enter you from behind, but in this position, you’ll either lie on your belly or on your knees while your partner stands behind you – like at the bottom of the bed – or he knees down. This position is also quite ideal for getting the sperm as close to your cervix as possible.THE BEST POSITIONS TO GET PREGNANT.
At the end of the day, no matter the sex position you choose for conceiving, don’t turn the act of getting pregnant into a chore, enjoy the deed!