A baby has been born in Indonesia with two faces, two brains but one head because his conjoined twin did not develop properly in the womb.
The complication has left two-month-old Gilang Andika, from Batam, a city in Indonesia, looking disfigured and suffering from a potentially fatal brain condition called hydrocephalus, which is causing fluid to build up in his brain.
Gilang has just one body with two arms and two legs. On his head, he has the face and brain of a sibling which did not grow its own body in the womb, because their mother’s egg did not completely split in two during pregnancy.
Because of his rare predicament, Gilang cannot be breastfed, so has to be fed milk through a tube.
And doctors have said he is not likely to live long because of his condition.
His parents, Ernilasari and Mustafa, now desperately want help to save their son’s life after local doctors told them they were unable to operate. They want to seek treatment for Gilang, but they don’t have the money.
See photos of the baby below:
- If you leave me water go carry you o – Chioma tells her boo, Davido in her birthday message to him - November 21, 2018
- Robert De Niro and Grace Hightower split after 20 years of marriage - November 21, 2018
- Lady butchers lover, cooks his remains and serves it to workers - November 21, 2018
- Photos of kidnapped Zamfara twin sisters after regaining freedom - November 21, 2018
- Chioma shares loved-up videos with boyfriend Davido to celebrate his birthday - November 21, 2018
- Video: Bride refuses to kiss groom at registry over religious belief - November 21, 2018
- Paris Hilton’s ex-Chris Zylka ‘wants his $2 Million engagement ring back’ after she called things off - November 21, 2018
- Adorable photos of Oprah Winfrey cradling Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade’s newborn daughter at their home - November 21, 2018
- Miguel and his high school sweetheart Nazanin Mandi obtain marriage license in Los Angeles courthouse - November 21, 2018
- Former Ohio judge who battered his wife and was released from jail after only 9 months has now killed her - November 20, 2018