A baby has been born in Indonesia with two faces, two brains but one head because his conjoined twin did not develop properly in the womb.
The complication has left two-month-old Gilang Andika, from Batam, a city in Indonesia, looking disfigured and suffering from a potentially fatal brain condition called hydrocephalus, which is causing fluid to build up in his brain.
Gilang has just one body with two arms and two legs. On his head, he has the face and brain of a sibling which did not grow its own body in the womb, because their mother’s egg did not completely split in two during pregnancy.
Because of his rare predicament, Gilang cannot be breastfed, so has to be fed milk through a tube.
And doctors have said he is not likely to live long because of his condition.
His parents, Ernilasari and Mustafa, now desperately want help to save their son’s life after local doctors told them they were unable to operate. They want to seek treatment for Gilang, but they don’t have the money.
See photos of the baby below:
- See what a lady did to all the men trying to have a relationship with her - August 20, 2018
- Cameroonian Government official, his wife and son killed in fatal accident - August 20, 2018
- Man hacks his two younger brothers to death with cutlass and dagger - August 20, 2018
- Meghan Markle’s uncle says he’s still hurt he wasn’t invited to royal wedding - August 20, 2018
- Nigerian man and his girlfriend arrested in India for duping job applicants - August 20, 2018
- Man abandons family abroad to take a young wife in Nigeria, his family gets revenge - August 20, 2018
- Maintaining your girlfriend means you‘re very stupid – Reno Omokri tells men - August 20, 2018
- Homeless couple wed under the bridge after 30 years together - August 20, 2018
- Wow! 92-year-old woman reunites with her 72 year old son after getting separated 68 years ago - August 20, 2018
- If the hair on my son’s body is touched, oga police you will have to bury me – Tonto Dikeh cries out - August 20, 2018