Five members of a family have been found dead in Igboh Community in Etche local Government Council area of Rivers state.
According to reports, they kept their generating set in their bathroom on Monday night until dawn and so they died of suffocation from the fumes they inhaled from it.
Concerned neighbours who did not see them wake up early Tuesday morning, were curious and after several calls on them and no response from the apartment, they forced the entrance door open and found them dead.
Their remains were later deposited in a morgue at Umuebulu in Etche amidst wailing by friends and neighbours to the deceased family members.
The Paramount ruler of Igboh, Eze Samuel Amaechi confirmed the incident, describing it as sad and a tragedy to the Kingdom of Igboh.
He said the kingdom has started the sensitization of members of his kingdom on the dangers of locking up a generating sets in enclosures where people live.
“Yesterday, I was informed that a family of five died after inhaling carbon monoxide from their generating set. This is not the first time it has happened. Prior to this time we have warned residents to always keep their generating sets far away from the house if they are going to bed because generator fumes are dangerous to the human body,” he said
The Rivers State Police Command is yet to react to the tragedy.
- Romantic Valentine’s Day Messages for Her - February 13, 2019
- Essential tips for When Someone you love hurts you Deeply - February 11, 2019
- Senator wear designs for men in Nigeria (PHOTOS) - January 26, 2019
- Senator Native Designs For Men 2019 - January 26, 2019
- Ibidunni Ighodalo has given birth to a baby boy after 19 years of waiting. - January 23, 2019
- When He disappears for a few Days - January 23, 2019
- When God takes away a Relationship - January 23, 2019
- What should a Husband do in a Sexless Marriage - January 23, 2019
- Scriptures to Speak over your Child - December 31, 2018
- EWEDU AND ITS HEALTH BENEFITS.10 Health Benefits of Ewedu leaf - December 31, 2018