TVC’s Morayo Akabashorun tearfully apologized to husband on air during the Your View program, while also clarifying her controversial statement.
TVC presenter, Morayo and her other colleagues were having a discussion on rape viz-a-viz the relationship between father and daughter and if boundaries should be set in this kind of relationship.
“I actually trust my husband but I’m just being careful because people that have experienced this kind of situation, also trusted their husbands and yet, it happened,”she said.
Her statement went viral and led to a debate. Some criticized her saying she has indirectly disrespected her husband and called him a paedophile.
Morayo yesterday responded to set things straight, she said: My husband is not a pedophile, he’s a highly responsible, decent man. He can never do anything to hurt any of his children.
Psychology has told us to teach children to respect their personal spaces and ensure that family members don’t come too close.
We need to define what is too close as a child.
So, I’m glad the conversation has started, I’m glad we’re talking about it. Let us understand that these are real life issues that are happening.
She has gone another step further as she went on her to apologize to her husband. It was a very emotional apology as she was in tears.
TVC made this known in a Tweet on their official page. The Tweet read: The last 24 hours have been tougher than I expected, my sincere apologies to my husband, I love, trust and respect you! It was an error and I’m really sorry! ~ @moakabash apologises to her husband on
Watch the video of her apology below:
The last 24 hours have been tougher than I expected, my sincere apologies to my husband, I love, trust and respect you! It was an error and I'm really sorry! ~ @moakabash apologises to her husband on #YourViewTVC pic.twitter.com/0uecSjVmvf
— TVC (@TVCconnect) December 7, 2018
- Aliko Dangote’s nephew Mohammed weds Malaysian billionaire’s daughter - December 10, 2018
- HIV positive family members show off drugs they take daily - December 10, 2018
- Woman kills self, 2 children over husband’s plan to marry second wife - December 10, 2018
- You can’t embarrass my wife for talking politics in church – Sen. Akpabio criticises Bishop for scolding his wife during church service - December 10, 2018
- Buju Banton reunites with his daughter who was just 11-years old when he was jailed in 2011 - December 10, 2018
- Nigerian Couple who met on Twitter celebrate their engagement - December 10, 2018
- Thank you for elevating me to the club of motherhood – Vivian Chiologi-Shittu who welcomed her first child at 51, appreciates God as she turns a year older today - December 10, 2018
- I miss Cardi – Offset declares to the world after he and his wife split - December 10, 2018
- Drama As Woman’s Engagement Ring Falls Into The Drain Moments After Boyfriend Proposed - December 10, 2018
- Linda Ikeji Shares Photo Of Herself And Baby J, Reveals Her Banana Island House Is Now Worth N850M - December 10, 2018