Steven and Stanley Muchemwa have been jailed after they were found guilty of repeatedly raping and sexually assaulting an 11-year-old girl.
The pair, aged 31, were given 14 and 15 year sentences respectively yesterday at Bolton Crown Court after a judge branded the abuse “particularly shocking”.
The offences occurred at the twins’ home in Dunsop Drive, Bolton, where both men raped the victim, usually in their bedroom and sometimes when other children were also sleeping in the same room.
During the course of the trial the girl’s mother told Judge Graeme Smith that her world had “come crashing down around her” when she heard what had been happening.
The girl’s mother said she was “completely shocked” after her daughter revealed the ordeal to the head teacher at her school and “devastated” that she had trusted the men to take care of her.
The court heard that Steven first started touching the girl early in 2016 when she was just 10 years old, while the pair would go on to rape her in the school summer holidays after she had turned 11.
Prosecuting, Kathryn Johnson, said: “Stanley would tell her he was teaching her what to do for when she had a boyfriend.” .
Ms Johnson went on to say that Stanley had told the girl she would get into trouble if she told anyone about what had been happening. She told her head teacher in October 2016, in what Judge Smith described as a “brave decision”.
- Romantic Valentine’s Day Messages for Her - February 13, 2019
- Essential tips for When Someone you love hurts you Deeply - February 11, 2019
- Senator wear designs for men in Nigeria (PHOTOS) - January 26, 2019
- Senator Native Designs For Men 2019 - January 26, 2019
- Ibidunni Ighodalo has given birth to a baby boy after 19 years of waiting. - January 23, 2019
- When He disappears for a few Days - January 23, 2019
- When God takes away a Relationship - January 23, 2019
- What should a Husband do in a Sexless Marriage - January 23, 2019
- Scriptures to Speak over your Child - December 31, 2018
- EWEDU AND ITS HEALTH BENEFITS.10 Health Benefits of Ewedu leaf - December 31, 2018