Steven and Stanley Muchemwa have been jailed after they were found guilty of repeatedly raping and sexually assaulting an 11-year-old girl.
The pair, aged 31, were given 14 and 15 year sentences respectively yesterday at Bolton Crown Court after a judge branded the abuse “particularly shocking”.
The offences occurred at the twins’ home in Dunsop Drive, Bolton, where both men raped the victim, usually in their bedroom and sometimes when other children were also sleeping in the same room.
During the course of the trial the girl’s mother told Judge Graeme Smith that her world had “come crashing down around her” when she heard what had been happening.
The girl’s mother said she was “completely shocked” after her daughter revealed the ordeal to the head teacher at her school and “devastated” that she had trusted the men to take care of her.
The court heard that Steven first started touching the girl early in 2016 when she was just 10 years old, while the pair would go on to rape her in the school summer holidays after she had turned 11.
Prosecuting, Kathryn Johnson, said: “Stanley would tell her he was teaching her what to do for when she had a boyfriend.” .
Ms Johnson went on to say that Stanley had told the girl she would get into trouble if she told anyone about what had been happening. She told her head teacher in October 2016, in what Judge Smith described as a “brave decision”.
- Letting go and letting God in relationships. - November 14, 2018
- Signs that you are being Ghosted in a Relationship - November 14, 2018
- The Best Sex Positions During Pregnancy - October 30, 2018
- Cucumber benefits for men: Cucumber wonders is more than boosting men’s sex drive - October 26, 2018
- Benefits of bitter kola - October 23, 2018
- How God Can Bring People Together - October 17, 2018
- Being Ghosted in a Relationship. - October 11, 2018
- Fighting for my marriage.If you don’t have these 6 conversations, it can never be “Happily ever after…” - September 12, 2018
- The 3 P’s That Can Poison Your Marriage - September 12, 2018
- Heavily pregnant Linda Ikeji spotted exercising by showing off her dancing moves - September 6, 2018