Life can throw some pretty tough challenges at us. And when those challenges start to pile up, we can end up feeling overwhelmed. When our problems seem huge, we can forget that we’ve got a God who’s even bigger. The Bible says, ‘God can do what men can’t’ (Luke 18:27 TLB). Whatever circumstances we’re facing, we don’t have to feel defeated. We can ask God to help us. He always listens to us. He listens to ‘the prayers of the destitute…he is never too busy’ (Psalm 102:17 TLB). He cares about us (take a look at 1 Peter 5:7), so we can cry out to Him, and He’ll help us. We won’t always get the answers we want, but He promises that He’ll always be there for us in all circumstances. The Bible says: ‘Those who trust in the Lord are…unmoved by any circumstance.’ When our trust is in Him, rather than our own abilities, we can face whatever situations we’re in. If we keep focused on God, rather than the situation, we won’t be overwhelmed. ‘I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken’ (Psalm 16:8 NIV). The same God who guided Abraham when he didn’t have a clue where he was going, gave Sarah a child in her old age, rolled back the Red Sea, and raised Jesus from the dead, is alive and working in our lives too. So let’s ‘be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power’ (Ephesians 6:10 NIV). His strength will help us deal with what we’re facing. We’re told that ‘The eternal God is your refuge, and his everlasting arms are under you’ (Deuteronomy 33:27 NLT). It’s harder to feel overwhelmed and defeated by our circumstances when we have this as a promise.
At some point in the day, take a few minutes to completely stop what you’re doing. In your stillness, ask God to help you be unmoveable in your trust for Him.
- Scriptures to Speak over your Child - December 31, 2018
- 10 Health Benefits of Ewedu leaf - December 31, 2018
- Signs He doesn’t Respect You - December 30, 2018
- Scriptures for Singles - December 19, 2018
- Scriptures for Prosperity and Wealth - December 19, 2018
- How to let go and let God:Letting go and letting God in Relationships - December 2, 2018
- How to Spice up your Marriage - November 28, 2018
- How to know God’s Will in a Relationship - November 28, 2018
- Check out the Best Aso-Ebi Styles Of The Week - November 28, 2018
- Adorable family photo to celebrate 29th wedding anniversary of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and his wife Dolapo. - November 25, 2018