Late singer Alizee’s Danish husband, Peter Nielson, alleged to have murdered her and his daughter was today arraign before a Lagos High Court sitting at Igbosere, but his trial proper will begin October 8th 2018.
Nielson is facing a two count charge of murder. The Lagos State Prosecutor who is also the Attorney General and commissioner for Justice, Lagos State Adeniji Kazeem, told the Court that the defendant committed the offence on April 5, 2018.
The defendant was alleged to have killed his wife Zainab Nielson and his daughter Petra Nielson, at their resident in Banana Island in Eti -Osa local Government of Lagos State, at about 3:45 am, at Flat 17 at Bella Vista Tower, Banana Island Ikoyi.
The offence alleged to have been committed by the accused Dutch is Punishable Under Section 223, Cap C17, Vol 3, Criminal law of Lagos State 2015. However the 53 year old defendant pleaded not guilty to the charge against him. The Prosecutor then, asked for a trial date.
The defendant’s counsel Mr Olasupo Shasore SAN, said he was not opposing the charge but would like to carry out their own test. “We are interested in taking the blood sample of the defendant, I thought it will be better to inform this court that his blood sample would be taken for DNA, analysis” he said.
Consequently Justice Bola Okikiol-Ighile, asked the defendant if he would like to give his consent so that his blood sample can be taken for DNA test. Nielson concurred.
Shasore who was the former Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice in Lagos State, also told the Court that the result of the autopsy report is out but that they are ready to proceed.
“We are interested in the autopsy report and the prosecution has assured us that we would get it in four weeks, we need to consult some of our experts for analysis, of the test as we would need it during trial” He added.
However The prosecutor told Court that there is an interim autopsy report and that It will be made available to the defence. Kazeem said: ”the blood sample of the defendant will be collected by the State Government forensic lab.”
- Busola Dakolo is missing her husband! - June 24, 2018
- Halle Berry shares rare photo of her son with Olivier Martinez - June 24, 2018
- Fela Anikulapo’s daughter dares women to compete with “a glorious beauty” like hers over a man - June 24, 2018
- Women in Saudi Arabia are now legally allowed to drive - June 24, 2018
- Tia Mowry shares photo of her tummy 7 weeks after child birth, reveals not every woman snaps back immediately - June 24, 2018
- See the amazing transformation of this burn survivor on her wedding day - June 24, 2018
- Actor Muyiwa Ademola and wife celebrate 12th wedding anniversary - June 24, 2018
- Model Chanel Iman and hubby Sterling Shepard expecting baby girl - June 24, 2018
- If women are truly supporting women, there won’t be an Epidemic of Sidechicks – Joro Olumofin - June 24, 2018
- Actress Nkechi Blessing reveals what she looks out for in a man - June 24, 2018