Late singer Alizee’s Danish husband, Peter Nielson, alleged to have murdered her and his daughter was today arraign before a Lagos High Court sitting at Igbosere, but his trial proper will begin October 8th 2018.
Nielson is facing a two count charge of murder. The Lagos State Prosecutor who is also the Attorney General and commissioner for Justice, Lagos State Adeniji Kazeem, told the Court that the defendant committed the offence on April 5, 2018.
The defendant was alleged to have killed his wife Zainab Nielson and his daughter Petra Nielson, at their resident in Banana Island in Eti -Osa local Government of Lagos State, at about 3:45 am, at Flat 17 at Bella Vista Tower, Banana Island Ikoyi.
The offence alleged to have been committed by the accused Dutch is Punishable Under Section 223, Cap C17, Vol 3, Criminal law of Lagos State 2015. However the 53 year old defendant pleaded not guilty to the charge against him. The Prosecutor then, asked for a trial date.
The defendant’s counsel Mr Olasupo Shasore SAN, said he was not opposing the charge but would like to carry out their own test. “We are interested in taking the blood sample of the defendant, I thought it will be better to inform this court that his blood sample would be taken for DNA, analysis” he said.
Consequently Justice Bola Okikiol-Ighile, asked the defendant if he would like to give his consent so that his blood sample can be taken for DNA test. Nielson concurred.
Shasore who was the former Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice in Lagos State, also told the Court that the result of the autopsy report is out but that they are ready to proceed.
“We are interested in the autopsy report and the prosecution has assured us that we would get it in four weeks, we need to consult some of our experts for analysis, of the test as we would need it during trial” He added.
However The prosecutor told Court that there is an interim autopsy report and that It will be made available to the defence. Kazeem said: ”the blood sample of the defendant will be collected by the State Government forensic lab.”
- How to let go and let God:Letting go and letting God in Relationships - December 2, 2018
- How to Spice up your Marriage - November 28, 2018
- How to know God’s Will in a Relationship - November 28, 2018
- Check out the Best Aso-Ebi Styles Of The Week - November 28, 2018
- Adorable family photo to celebrate 29th wedding anniversary of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and his wife Dolapo. - November 25, 2018
- Guarding your Heart in a Relationship - November 25, 2018
- How does God Bring Two People Together - November 25, 2018
- Kevin Hart son Kenzo clocks one - November 21, 2018
- Examples of being Unequally Yoked in Relationships - November 18, 2018
- Letting go and letting God in relationships. - November 14, 2018