TV personality, Wendy Williams has opened up about her career and family in a new interview with Cosmopolitan.
The 54-year-old spoke about her son’s battle with drug, admitting that it was incredibly difficult to put on a fun show every day while privately dealing with something so heartbreaking.
Talking openly about getting her 17-year-old son off drugs, Wendy said:
“I saw it for myself — this affected [my family] very deeply. I didn’t know whether my kid would ever return to school. The whole time we’re nursing him through [recovery], I’m supposed to make fun on the show like, ‘Hi! Here’s Wendy! Hahaha!’ But I’m dying inside.”
Wendy, who also had a drug problem some years ago, added:
“I lost 10-plus years to cocaine, so I’ve got time to make up for. And I don’t talk about it because I was outed, I talk about it because I’m Wendy and this is my truth. Besides, I got out of it. It’s not how far you fall, it’s how you get up.”
Speaking on her son’s drug of choice, K2, a synthetic cannabinoid that is similar to marijuana with much more harmful chemicals, Wendy Williams said: “They take that grass and they spray it with rat poison or whatever. Kids are out there smoking that mess. It’ll turn you into a different person.
“Withdrawal was a slow process and, for us, it didn’t involve psychiatric drugs or a psychiatrist. We cleaned him out — anything for my boy.”
- Romantic Valentine’s Day Messages for Her - February 13, 2019
- Essential tips for When Someone you love hurts you Deeply - February 11, 2019
- Senator wear designs for men in Nigeria (PHOTOS) - January 26, 2019
- Senator Native Designs For Men 2019 - January 26, 2019
- Ibidunni Ighodalo has given birth to a baby boy after 19 years of waiting. - January 23, 2019
- When He disappears for a few Days - January 23, 2019
- When God takes away a Relationship - January 23, 2019
- What should a Husband do in a Sexless Marriage - January 23, 2019
- Scriptures to Speak over your Child - December 31, 2018
- EWEDU AND ITS HEALTH BENEFITS.10 Health Benefits of Ewedu leaf - December 31, 2018