TV personality, Wendy Williams has opened up about her career and family in a new interview with Cosmopolitan.
The 54-year-old spoke about her son’s battle with drug, admitting that it was incredibly difficult to put on a fun show every day while privately dealing with something so heartbreaking.
Talking openly about getting her 17-year-old son off drugs, Wendy said:
“I saw it for myself — this affected [my family] very deeply. I didn’t know whether my kid would ever return to school. The whole time we’re nursing him through [recovery], I’m supposed to make fun on the show like, ‘Hi! Here’s Wendy! Hahaha!’ But I’m dying inside.”
Wendy, who also had a drug problem some years ago, added:
“I lost 10-plus years to cocaine, so I’ve got time to make up for. And I don’t talk about it because I was outed, I talk about it because I’m Wendy and this is my truth. Besides, I got out of it. It’s not how far you fall, it’s how you get up.”
Speaking on her son’s drug of choice, K2, a synthetic cannabinoid that is similar to marijuana with much more harmful chemicals, Wendy Williams said: “They take that grass and they spray it with rat poison or whatever. Kids are out there smoking that mess. It’ll turn you into a different person.
“Withdrawal was a slow process and, for us, it didn’t involve psychiatric drugs or a psychiatrist. We cleaned him out — anything for my boy.”
- White lady and her white bridesmaids rock Nigerian traditional attires as she ties the knot with her Nigerian husband - August 21, 2018
- Dogara Pens Lovely Birthday Message To His Wife - August 21, 2018
- Girl who was kidnapped at a party in Port Harcourt found after 4 years - August 21, 2018
- “Remove sex and a lot of people have nothing to offer in a relationship” – Juliet Ibrahim - August 21, 2018
- Cardi B shows off her post-baby body on the red carpet of 2018 VMA - August 21, 2018
- ‘If your boyfriend is too damn faithful and doesn’t check other women out, he is completely gay”- Nigerian matchmaker tells ladies - August 21, 2018
- Footballer Lucky Omeruo celebrates son’s first birthday (photos) - August 21, 2018
- Woman pours hot water on her maid for stealing eggs - August 21, 2018
- See the hilarious reaction of this African dad after his daughter added him in their family Whatsapp group - August 21, 2018
- Parents of baby born in helicopter release adorable pictures - August 21, 2018