Popular TV personality, Wendy Williams disclosed some heartfellt pains about her career and family in a new interview.
The TV host spoke about her son Kevin Hunter Jr.’s drug battle in the interview with Cosmopolitan, admitting that it was incredibly difficult to put on a fun show every day while privately dealing with something so heartbreaking.
Talking openly about getting her 17-year-old son off drugs, Wendy said: “I saw it for myself — this affected [my family] very deeply. I didn’t know whether my kid would ever return to school. The whole time we’re nursing him through [recovery], I’m supposed to make fun on the show like, ‘Hi! Here’s Wendy! Hahaha!’ But I’m dying inside.”
Wendy, who also had a drug problem some years ago, her words: “I lost 10-plus years to cocaine, so I’ve got time to make up for. And I don’t talk about it because I was outed, I talk about it because I’m Wendy and this is my truth. Besides, I got out of it. It’s not how far you fall, it’s how you get up.”
Her son’s drug of choice was K2, a synthetic cannabinoid that is similar to marijuana but often includes much more harmful chemicals. He had a problem three years ago.
- See this major throwback of veteran actor and actress, Joke Silva and Olu Jacobs - July 27, 2018
- Chioma Reacts to Droping Out of School for Davido, After Fans Stormed Her Page - July 26, 2018
- Mother Gives Birth And Dumps Newborn Baby Inside Airplane Toilet - July 26, 2018
- Shameful! Teenage Couple Trending Online For The Wrong Reason - July 26, 2018
- Can you identify these lovers? - July 25, 2018
- Who knew Basket Mouth’s wife, Elsie Okpoocha could dance? - July 25, 2018
- Mom found a cheat to save her from all the stress. What do you think? - July 25, 2018
- Video: Woman shot a lady dead for harrassing her in a party - July 25, 2018
- See Cute Photo of A Mom And Her Baby - July 25, 2018
- Brandy leaves fans guessing as to whether she’s pregnant or not after she shares new photo - July 25, 2018