Popular TV personality, Wendy Williams disclosed some heartfellt pains about her career and family in a new interview.
The TV host spoke about her son Kevin Hunter Jr.’s drug battle in the interview with Cosmopolitan, admitting that it was incredibly difficult to put on a fun show every day while privately dealing with something so heartbreaking.
Talking openly about getting her 17-year-old son off drugs, Wendy said: “I saw it for myself — this affected [my family] very deeply. I didn’t know whether my kid would ever return to school. The whole time we’re nursing him through [recovery], I’m supposed to make fun on the show like, ‘Hi! Here’s Wendy! Hahaha!’ But I’m dying inside.”
Wendy, who also had a drug problem some years ago, her words: “I lost 10-plus years to cocaine, so I’ve got time to make up for. And I don’t talk about it because I was outed, I talk about it because I’m Wendy and this is my truth. Besides, I got out of it. It’s not how far you fall, it’s how you get up.”
Her son’s drug of choice was K2, a synthetic cannabinoid that is similar to marijuana but often includes much more harmful chemicals. He had a problem three years ago.
- See what a lady did to all the men trying to have a relationship with her - August 20, 2018
- Cameroonian Government official, his wife and son killed in fatal accident - August 20, 2018
- Man hacks his two younger brothers to death with cutlass and dagger - August 20, 2018
- Meghan Markle’s uncle says he’s still hurt he wasn’t invited to royal wedding - August 20, 2018
- Nigerian man and his girlfriend arrested in India for duping job applicants - August 20, 2018
- Man abandons family abroad to take a young wife in Nigeria, his family gets revenge - August 20, 2018
- Maintaining your girlfriend means you‘re very stupid – Reno Omokri tells men - August 20, 2018
- Homeless couple wed under the bridge after 30 years together - August 20, 2018
- Wow! 92-year-old woman reunites with her 72 year old son after getting separated 68 years ago - August 20, 2018
- If the hair on my son’s body is touched, oga police you will have to bury me – Tonto Dikeh cries out - August 20, 2018