A Magistrate Court sitting in Kaduna, last Wednesday sentenced one Kemi Stephen to one year imprisonment without option of fine, for the horrific attack on her husband’s 10-year-old niece, Hilda Joseph.
The victim, who lives with her uncle in Gonigora area of Kaduna and is out of school was battered, denied food by Mrs Stephen. She also burnt her buttocks with fire and abandoned her without treatment.
Disclosing the development in an update posted on Wednesday, August 2,Komolafe Dare Abiodun write:
“Finally, Justice has smiled at Hilda Joseph over her cruel and brutal Anty Kemi Stephen. She was sentenced today to one year imprisonment without option of fine by the Judge at Magistrate Court 7, Barnawa, Kaduna. Her jail term was reduced from 5yrs to 1yr because she is heavily pregnant. At least this will serve as a deterrent to others who engage in wicked act against children” he wrote.
- WOW! Housemaid thrown lavish wedding years after her Madam adopted her for being humble (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! Man beats wife to death in Benue (Graphics Photos) - August 21, 2017
- THANK GOD! Checkout Funke Akindele’s Baby Bump (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- FREE BONANZA! A hospital in Kaduna is offering free surgery for a week to celebrate President Buhari’s return - August 20, 2017
- Monalisa Chinda- How I knew my 2nd husband was the one for me - August 20, 2017
- Kiki Osinbajo all smiles and pretty in new photo - August 20, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian men celebrate Pres.Buhari’s return by drinking water and soft drink from the ground (Photos) - August 20, 2017
- Bawo Emami Appreciates God Amidst Curses And Insults From Followers(Read Comments) - August 20, 2017
- FAMILY VACATION! IK Osakioduwa and family visit Guliver’s land - August 20, 2017
- ‘I never had a boyfriend’ – Enugu girl who made 9As in WAEC - August 20, 2017