A Zimbabwean couple, Mufaro Mukonowatsauka and Rodgers Manera were arrested by the police after the wife lured a 14-year-old neighbour with goodies so her husband could rape the girl.
The wife, Manera reportedly persuaded the girl to become her husband’s second wife in return for cooking oil, sugar, salt and body lotion she gave her.
Rusape district prosecutor Mr Tirivanhu Mutyasira told the court: “The accused persons are husband and wife and neighbours to the complainant. The complainant’s grandmother sent her to the accused persons’ homestead to collect cooking oil. The complainant found both the accused persons at home.
“Mukonowatsauka then started persuading the complainant to become her husband’s second wife and promised to give her cooking oil, sugar, salt, and body lotion if she accepts her proposal.
“The complainant agreed with Mukonowatsauka’s proposal and on October 14, 2015 visited the accused person’s homestead and found both at home. At that instance, Mukonowatsauka took a bucket to fetch water. She closed and locked the door from outside with Manera and the victim inside the room.”
The couple, from Sadomba village, appeared before Rusape regional magistrate Mr Livingstone Chipadza and pleaded not guilty to the charges. Mukonowatsauka is being jointly charged with her husband who is facing rape charges.
- Examples of being Unequally Yoked in Relationships - November 18, 2018
- Letting go and letting God in relationships. - November 14, 2018
- Signs that you are being Ghosted in a Relationship - November 14, 2018
- The Best Sex Positions During Pregnancy - October 30, 2018
- Cucumber benefits for men: Cucumber wonders is more than boosting men’s sex drive - October 26, 2018
- Benefits of bitter kola - October 23, 2018
- How God Can Bring People Together - October 17, 2018
- Being Ghosted in a Relationship. - October 11, 2018
- Fighting for my marriage.If you don’t have these 6 conversations, it can never be “Happily ever after…” - September 12, 2018
- The 3 P’s That Can Poison Your Marriage - September 12, 2018