Actress Mide Martins’ husband, Afeez Owo, in a chat with Sunday Punch revealed the factors that almost affected his marriage sometime ago.
The film-maker didn’t try to run away from the crisis that once rocked his marriage. But, according to him, his wife took the wrong advice from friends who wanted to cause havoc in their home.
He said: “There will always be challenges in a home but it depends on how you handle them. Friends nearly ruined our marriage; my wife was wrongly advised. As we speak, she still regrets all those things she did or said. Couples will always fight, but they don’t need to let their neighbours know about it. We’ve made our mistakes and we have learnt from it. We don’t pray for that anymore.”
Owo also rubbished claims that the reported fight was a publicity stunt for a movie, saying people were fond of spreading rumours.
Despite being a Muslim, Owo said he would never marry more than one wife as he didn’t want trouble for himself.
“My father did not try to marry many wives because he was a peaceful person and I take after him in that regard. Though the Quran permits us to marry more than a wife, I am not interested in it. It will bring more problems for me and I don’t want it,” he stated.
On how he met his actress wife, he said, “God just said she would be my wife. When my ex-girlfriend cheated on me then, she was one of the people who begged on her behalf but I had already made up my mind. It was after a while I started dating Mide. We have been married for 17 years. I have known my wife for 25 years. My wife is like my mother and I love her so much. She also sees me as her father.”
- “Let your daughter be happy, please” – Chrissy Teigen tells Meghan Markle’s Dad - July 30, 2018
- Three sisters confess to killing their dad after “years of sexual abuse and torture” - July 30, 2018
- “Happy birthday to my double blessing” – Femi Adebayo celebrates his twin sons as they clock a year older - July 30, 2018
- Groom, family members die in car crash on their way to wedding - July 30, 2018
- Celebrity Families: Beyonce and Jay-Z hang out backstage with DJ Khaled and his family at their On the Run II Tour (Photos) - July 30, 2018
- See this Nigerian father’s reactions for seeing his daughter after 2 years - July 30, 2018
- Photos from the wedding of Taraba state governor’s son - July 30, 2018
- Chelsea striker, Alvaro Morata and wife Alice Campello welcome lovely set of twins - July 30, 2018
- Iyabo Ojo’s children excited to see their dad for the first time in 6years - July 30, 2018
- Adorable new photos of Femi Fani-Kayode’s triplets - July 30, 2018