Actress Mide Martins’ husband, Afeez Owo, in a chat with Sunday Punch revealed the factors that almost affected his marriage sometime ago.
The film-maker didn’t try to run away from the crisis that once rocked his marriage. But, according to him, his wife took the wrong advice from friends who wanted to cause havoc in their home.
He said: “There will always be challenges in a home but it depends on how you handle them. Friends nearly ruined our marriage; my wife was wrongly advised. As we speak, she still regrets all those things she did or said. Couples will always fight, but they don’t need to let their neighbours know about it. We’ve made our mistakes and we have learnt from it. We don’t pray for that anymore.”
Owo also rubbished claims that the reported fight was a publicity stunt for a movie, saying people were fond of spreading rumours.
Despite being a Muslim, Owo said he would never marry more than one wife as he didn’t want trouble for himself.
“My father did not try to marry many wives because he was a peaceful person and I take after him in that regard. Though the Quran permits us to marry more than a wife, I am not interested in it. It will bring more problems for me and I don’t want it,” he stated.
On how he met his actress wife, he said, “God just said she would be my wife. When my ex-girlfriend cheated on me then, she was one of the people who begged on her behalf but I had already made up my mind. It was after a while I started dating Mide. We have been married for 17 years. I have known my wife for 25 years. My wife is like my mother and I love her so much. She also sees me as her father.”
- How to let go and let God:Letting go and letting God in Relationships - December 2, 2018
- How to Spice up your Marriage - November 28, 2018
- How to know God’s Will in a Relationship - November 28, 2018
- Check out the Best Aso-Ebi Styles Of The Week - November 28, 2018
- Adorable family photo to celebrate 29th wedding anniversary of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and his wife Dolapo. - November 25, 2018
- Guarding your Heart in a Relationship - November 25, 2018
- How does God Bring Two People Together - November 25, 2018
- Kevin Hart son Kenzo clocks one - November 21, 2018
- Examples of being Unequally Yoked in Relationships - November 18, 2018
- Letting go and letting God in relationships. - November 14, 2018