Actress Mide Martins’ husband, Afeez Owo, in a chat with Sunday Punch revealed the factors that almost affected his marriage sometime ago.
The film-maker didn’t try to run away from the crisis that once rocked his marriage. But, according to him, his wife took the wrong advice from friends who wanted to cause havoc in their home.
He said: “There will always be challenges in a home but it depends on how you handle them. Friends nearly ruined our marriage; my wife was wrongly advised. As we speak, she still regrets all those things she did or said. Couples will always fight, but they don’t need to let their neighbours know about it. We’ve made our mistakes and we have learnt from it. We don’t pray for that anymore.”
Owo also rubbished claims that the reported fight was a publicity stunt for a movie, saying people were fond of spreading rumours.
Despite being a Muslim, Owo said he would never marry more than one wife as he didn’t want trouble for himself.
“My father did not try to marry many wives because he was a peaceful person and I take after him in that regard. Though the Quran permits us to marry more than a wife, I am not interested in it. It will bring more problems for me and I don’t want it,” he stated.
On how he met his actress wife, he said, “God just said she would be my wife. When my ex-girlfriend cheated on me then, she was one of the people who begged on her behalf but I had already made up my mind. It was after a while I started dating Mide. We have been married for 17 years. I have known my wife for 25 years. My wife is like my mother and I love her so much. She also sees me as her father.”
- Busola Dakolo is missing her husband! - June 24, 2018
- Halle Berry shares rare photo of her son with Olivier Martinez - June 24, 2018
- Fela Anikulapo’s daughter dares women to compete with “a glorious beauty” like hers over a man - June 24, 2018
- Women in Saudi Arabia are now legally allowed to drive - June 24, 2018
- Tia Mowry shares photo of her tummy 7 weeks after child birth, reveals not every woman snaps back immediately - June 24, 2018
- See the amazing transformation of this burn survivor on her wedding day - June 24, 2018
- Actor Muyiwa Ademola and wife celebrate 12th wedding anniversary - June 24, 2018
- Model Chanel Iman and hubby Sterling Shepard expecting baby girl - June 24, 2018
- If women are truly supporting women, there won’t be an Epidemic of Sidechicks – Joro Olumofin - June 24, 2018
- Actress Nkechi Blessing reveals what she looks out for in a man - June 24, 2018