Police in Delta State have apprehended a 32-year-old woman for allegedly stabbing her husband to death at Agbarha-Otor town in the Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta State.
Sources told our correspondent that the incident occurred on Friday night when the couple were having a domestic fight over alleged extramarital affairs.
The woman identified as Ese Erigarhe was said to have used a kitchen knife to stab the man identified as Mr Erigarhe when he returned home.
The suspect is being detained at the Ughelli Police Area Command for suspected homicide.
She was alleged to have confronted her husband with the allegation of extramarital affair, which led to an argument between the two.
A source at the Ughelli Central Hospital, who confirmed the arrest of the woman said the 30-year-old man was stabbed during a domestic fight with his wife.
The source, who pleaded not to be named, disclosed that Ese had owned up to the crime, saying that her action was in self-defence
A police source at the Ughelli Area Command also confirmed the incident, saying, “The woman stabbed the man in the throat when they were fighting. She claimed to have done it while trying to defend herself during the fight.
“She accused the husband of having extramarital affairs and returning home late. At the time she rushed the man to the Ughelli Central Hospital for medical attention the husband had lost too much blood and he could not be resuscitated. The woman is still being interrogated.”
- Aliko Dangote’s nephew Mohammed weds Malaysian billionaire’s daughter - December 10, 2018
- HIV positive family members show off drugs they take daily - December 10, 2018
- Woman kills self, 2 children over husband’s plan to marry second wife - December 10, 2018
- You can’t embarrass my wife for talking politics in church – Sen. Akpabio criticises Bishop for scolding his wife during church service - December 10, 2018
- Buju Banton reunites with his daughter who was just 11-years old when he was jailed in 2011 - December 10, 2018
- Nigerian Couple who met on Twitter celebrate their engagement - December 10, 2018
- Thank you for elevating me to the club of motherhood – Vivian Chiologi-Shittu who welcomed her first child at 51, appreciates God as she turns a year older today - December 10, 2018
- I miss Cardi – Offset declares to the world after he and his wife split - December 10, 2018
- Drama As Woman’s Engagement Ring Falls Into The Drain Moments After Boyfriend Proposed - December 10, 2018
- Linda Ikeji Shares Photo Of Herself And Baby J, Reveals Her Banana Island House Is Now Worth N850M - December 10, 2018