A middle-aged woman, Mrs. Mary Cynthia Obia, was yesterday arrested and detained at the police station on Isiewulu People’s Club Road, Nkpor in Idemili North Local Government of Anambra State, for allegedly disfiguring her housemaid’s face with a hot knife.
The housemaid, 14-year-old Adaku Nwaigwe, has been released from the suspect, as directed by the police, to her parents.
But police spokesperson Princess Nkeiruka Nwode denied knowledge of the incident.
An eyewitness described the woman’s action as an act of wickedness.
A security source, who preferred anonymity, told The Nation yesterday that the woman was detained after interrogation by the police.
The source said the woman allegedly disfigured her housemaid because she accused her of dating one of the boys in their neighbourhood.
- WOW! Housemaid thrown lavish wedding years after her Madam adopted her for being humble (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! Man beats wife to death in Benue (Graphics Photos) - August 21, 2017
- THANK GOD! Checkout Funke Akindele’s Baby Bump (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- FREE BONANZA! A hospital in Kaduna is offering free surgery for a week to celebrate President Buhari’s return - August 20, 2017
- Monalisa Chinda- How I knew my 2nd husband was the one for me - August 20, 2017
- Kiki Osinbajo all smiles and pretty in new photo - August 20, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian men celebrate Pres.Buhari’s return by drinking water and soft drink from the ground (Photos) - August 20, 2017
- Bawo Emami Appreciates God Amidst Curses And Insults From Followers(Read Comments) - August 20, 2017
- FAMILY VACATION! IK Osakioduwa and family visit Guliver’s land - August 20, 2017
- ‘I never had a boyfriend’ – Enugu girl who made 9As in WAEC - August 20, 2017