A MUM has sparked outrage after using her own breast milk to bake brownies for a school cake sale – without warning people.
The woman, an unnamed baker asked her Facebook friends for advice after other mums found out and expressed their disgust.
She wrote: “I made brownies for my school bake sale that had breast milk in them.
“I didn’t have time to run to the store, and didn’t think it was a big deal (some of those kids could use the nutrition to be honest).
“One of the other moms found out and are blowing it way out of proportion. Idk [I don’t know] what to do!”
The anonymous post was picked up by popular American page Sanctimommy and has since received more than 900 comments and has been shared almost 800 times.
Unsurprisingly, the reactions ranged from appalled to bemused.
Reine Victoria wrote: “Honestly this is actually a damn near criminal offence.
“Breast milk, like blood or semen, can carry diseases, which is why legit donation services screen the milk before passing it along to moms and their babies.
“Secretly feeding children that aren’t yours baked goods with your bodily fluids in them in gross, shady and borderline psychotic.
“I don’t care if the possible harmful diseases ‘baked out’.”
Jennifer Wood added: “This is why they don’t allow home baked goods at school anymore for birthdays and such.
“One boob ruins it for the rest of the kids.
“Btw [by the way] I’m a breastfeeding mom, I don’t find breastfeeding gross, but I do think drinking someone else’s breast milk is not something I ever want to do, thank you.”
But while many were furious, others joked about how ridiculous the situation was.
Nicole Ringrose said: “Let us spare a moment of silence for the children of Booby Crocker.
Jessica Cross had a suggestion on how the mum could deal with her critics.
She said: “Squirt everyone who disagrees with you in the eye.
“Eventually they’ll stop arguing with you (plus they could probably use the nutrients).”
Another said: “Clearly the other moms are upset because you baked brownies with sugar and flour.
“Next time try a sugar-free, gluten-free recipe and you should be fine.
“Pro-tip: make them soy-free as well. And obviously, sneak in some spinach and quinoa.”
Many even pointed out you don’t need milk to make brownies.
And the mums’ angry about their kids potentially consuming another mum’s breast milk may not be wrong.
Research published in the Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine in 2015 concluded breast milk for adult consumption was ill-advised.
There are claims breast milk can help improve athletes performances, chronic disease, cancer and even erectile dysfunction.
- WOW! Housemaid thrown lavish wedding years after her Madam adopted her for being humble (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! Man beats wife to death in Benue (Graphics Photos) - August 21, 2017
- THANK GOD! Checkout Funke Akindele’s Baby Bump (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- FREE BONANZA! A hospital in Kaduna is offering free surgery for a week to celebrate President Buhari’s return - August 20, 2017
- Monalisa Chinda- How I knew my 2nd husband was the one for me - August 20, 2017
- Kiki Osinbajo all smiles and pretty in new photo - August 20, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian men celebrate Pres.Buhari’s return by drinking water and soft drink from the ground (Photos) - August 20, 2017
- Bawo Emami Appreciates God Amidst Curses And Insults From Followers(Read Comments) - August 20, 2017
- FAMILY VACATION! IK Osakioduwa and family visit Guliver’s land - August 20, 2017
- ‘I never had a boyfriend’ – Enugu girl who made 9As in WAEC - August 20, 2017