A 55-year-old woman identified as Aisha Ibrahim, has been arrested by the police in Niger state for killing her two-year-old grandchild at Karaya Fulani Camp in the Rafi Local Government Area of the state.
According to reports, Aisha and the mother of the deceased who is her daughter-in-law had been at loggerheads.
On the day of the incident, Aisha’s son, Bello and the wife had gone to the neighbouring village to attend a christening and in a moment of rage, Aisha carried her grandchild, tied the little girl with a rope and threw her inside a well in their compound.
When interrogated, Aisha who sounded unremorseful, said she killed her own grandchild to teach the mother a lesson.
“I told my husband to tell his son to divorce his wife but he did not listen to me. My daughter-in-law is fond of insulting and assaulting me all the time and the only way I could pay her back was to tie her daughter with the rope and throw her inside a well to die so that she will equally feel the pains and agony I have been going through. We have been living in peace as one big family before my son married her; I have 12 children and all of us are living in one compound; she cannot come from somewhere to destroy the family I have suffered for years to keep, it is unacceptable
It was a temptation, I didn’t know when I did it, I can’t just tell but may Allah forgive me. Honestly, it was a wicked act that can never be accepted anywhere in the world,” she said
Confirming the incident, the spokesperson of the state police command, Muhammad Abubakar, said Aisha had confessed to the crime and regretted her action and that she would be arraigned in court after investigation.
- White lady and her white bridesmaids rock Nigerian traditional attires as she ties the knot with her Nigerian husband - August 21, 2018
- Dogara Pens Lovely Birthday Message To His Wife - August 21, 2018
- Girl who was kidnapped at a party in Port Harcourt found after 4 years - August 21, 2018
- “Remove sex and a lot of people have nothing to offer in a relationship” – Juliet Ibrahim - August 21, 2018
- Cardi B shows off her post-baby body on the red carpet of 2018 VMA - August 21, 2018
- ‘If your boyfriend is too damn faithful and doesn’t check other women out, he is completely gay”- Nigerian matchmaker tells ladies - August 21, 2018
- Footballer Lucky Omeruo celebrates son’s first birthday (photos) - August 21, 2018
- Woman pours hot water on her maid for stealing eggs - August 21, 2018
- See the hilarious reaction of this African dad after his daughter added him in their family Whatsapp group - August 21, 2018
- Parents of baby born in helicopter release adorable pictures - August 21, 2018