A 55-year-old woman identified as Aisha Ibrahim, has been arrested by the police in Niger state for killing her two-year-old grandchild at Karaya Fulani Camp in the Rafi Local Government Area of the state.
According to reports, Aisha and the mother of the deceased who is her daughter-in-law had been at loggerheads.
On the day of the incident, Aisha’s son, Bello and the wife had gone to the neighbouring village to attend a christening and in a moment of rage, Aisha carried her grandchild, tied the little girl with a rope and threw her inside a well in their compound.
When interrogated, Aisha who sounded unremorseful, said she killed her own grandchild to teach the mother a lesson.
“I told my husband to tell his son to divorce his wife but he did not listen to me. My daughter-in-law is fond of insulting and assaulting me all the time and the only way I could pay her back was to tie her daughter with the rope and throw her inside a well to die so that she will equally feel the pains and agony I have been going through. We have been living in peace as one big family before my son married her; I have 12 children and all of us are living in one compound; she cannot come from somewhere to destroy the family I have suffered for years to keep, it is unacceptable
It was a temptation, I didn’t know when I did it, I can’t just tell but may Allah forgive me. Honestly, it was a wicked act that can never be accepted anywhere in the world,” she said
Confirming the incident, the spokesperson of the state police command, Muhammad Abubakar, said Aisha had confessed to the crime and regretted her action and that she would be arraigned in court after investigation.
- Romantic Valentine’s Day Messages for Her - February 13, 2019
- Essential tips for When Someone you love hurts you Deeply - February 11, 2019
- Senator wear designs for men in Nigeria (PHOTOS) - January 26, 2019
- Senator Native Designs For Men 2019 - January 26, 2019
- Ibidunni Ighodalo has given birth to a baby boy after 19 years of waiting. - January 23, 2019
- When He disappears for a few Days - January 23, 2019
- When God takes away a Relationship - January 23, 2019
- What should a Husband do in a Sexless Marriage - January 23, 2019
- Scriptures to Speak over your Child - December 31, 2018
- EWEDU AND ITS HEALTH BENEFITS.10 Health Benefits of Ewedu leaf - December 31, 2018