A Nigerian lady identified as @Mochievous on Twitter, has taken to the platform to advise fellow women to stop congratulating men for taking care of their own children.
Read her tweets below:
“Please let’s stop congratulating men for taking care of THEIR children.
A man takes his child to the park “aww. This is so cute”.
We should give him a lollipop for what exactly?
Please let your “aww” be on the same energy level when a mother takes her child to the park.
Stop � giving � men � special passes.
In middle management all over the world, the number of women thins out steadily (even in the most developed countries). This is directly related to child bearing ages of women. Women take on an unfair burden of childcare & this impacts their careers.
So please let’s stop this narrative that a man is doing something exceptional when he spends time doing things that are expected of a parent.”
- E-money And Family Pictured At Burj Al Arab Hotel In Dubai - August 20, 2018
- Female Soldier In Hot Soup For Brutalizing Her Young Niece - August 20, 2018
- Linda Ikeji Pictured In Rare Moment Her Baby Was Kicking - August 20, 2018
- 8-year-old girl brutally raped and murdered by a family friend in South Africa - August 20, 2018
- Duncan Mighty accused of battering his wife - August 20, 2018
- OAP Toolz’s parents-in-law celebrate 45th wedding anniversary - August 20, 2018
- Mohammed Indimi’s wife, Samira Sherrif welcomes first grandchild - August 20, 2018
- Adorable photos of Davido’s second daughter, Hailey Adeleke - August 20, 2018
- ‘I found love in you’ – Newly married singer, Becca says as she shares a photo from her wedding to her Nigerian manager, Tobi Sanni Daniel - August 20, 2018
- Late American footballer, Aaron Hernandez’s suicide notes to daughter, fiancée and lawyer revealed - August 20, 2018