Danish human rights activist, Anja Lovren has shared photos of a little girl she saved from being burnt to death after she was accused of being a witch in Akwa Ibom.
The young girl simply identified as Queen has recovered and is now doing well one year after the attack.
Sharing the pictures of the girl on her social media account, Lovren highlighted the work her organisation is doing in the region to help children like Queen.
“The scars on her body will never go away. It´s a reminder of the superstition so deeply rooted in the African culture. Queen has been with us for a year now.
In the beginning she was terrified, weak and very fragile. But our team led by our Director of Child Development @nsidibeorok have worked so hard to make her a strong girl again. To make her feel worthy of love. To give her self-esteem.
You can recognize survivors of abuse by their courage. One day Queen will tell her story. Her will to survive and strength is remarkable. She is my little hero.”
- Watch the lovely moment beautiful amputee walk down the aisle with her lover - August 16, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian shares adorable photos of Kourtney’s daughter Penelope taking pictures of baby True - August 16, 2018
- Actress Lola Alao takes Aisha Abimbola’s kids on special treat in Canada (photos) - August 16, 2018
- 9ice and lover, Sunkanmi Ajala celebrate their daughter’s 4th birthday (Photos) - August 16, 2018
- Pastor’s wife paraded and arrested for brutalizing her maid - August 16, 2018
- Tragedy As Generator Fume Kills Family Of 5 In Rivers State - August 15, 2018
- Man sneaks into hospital ward to make love with sick wife - August 15, 2018
- Married pastor impregnates member 2 years after getting private jet as birthday gift from church - August 15, 2018
- Man cries out after his wife was caught in bed with her ex-lover - August 15, 2018
- Actress Beverly Afaglo Reveals Her Way Of Putting Her Husband To Sleep When He Wants To Make Love - August 15, 2018