Popular rapper, Yung6ix, gave out 10,000 US dollars to a longtime friend who will be celebrating his birthday today.
According to the rapper, this friend help him with 10,000 Naira at the start of his career in Lagos 8 years ago.
8 years ago @imblackking gave me 10,000 Naira to come to Lagos to chase my dream as an artiste, without that 10k there would be no Yung6ix today. Showed him I’m grateful by giving him 10,000 dollars today. Strictly for motivational purposes only. Don’t just be great be grateful and don’t forget those who helped you when you where nothing
The rapper who has for a while being laying claims to being the rap king in Nigeria recently said he has no competition amongst Nigerian rappers.
When I wanna listen to African rap, I play Yung6ix and SA rappers WTF is wrong with Nigerian Rappers? Wake up
On how he started rapping, Yung6ix in an interview two years ago said:
I started a long time ago in secondary school. To be honest I can’t really pick a specific date, year or season but I know I was still in secondary school when I came up with my first song.
On challenged in the music industry as at that time:
Apart from the politics and tribalism, I think every other challenge could be accepted because in life nothing good comes easy.
He also talked about his record label, KKTBM, which offered him a $500k deal saying:
It is one of the best deals that can happen to a young entrepreneur. The whole deal for my project and the KKTBM is worth about half a million dollars and as the day goes and we grow as a label and a brand, our income and capital for new projects grow too. The name KKTBM is already becoming a household name and we are about to turn it into a franchise.
- Tips on How to Ensure Your Kids are Safe Online - November 8, 2017
- How to Help Your Child Answer the Question, “Where’s your Daddy” - November 1, 2017
- What can Women Learn from Men about Parenting? - October 19, 2017
- A survival guide for working parents: How to balance family and career - October 12, 2017
- The Financial Considerations Every New Parent Should Make - October 11, 2017
- How Companies Can Support New Parents - October 11, 2017
- SECRETS TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE [PART 2] - October 10, 2017
- Should Single Mums Become Dad’s on Father’s Day? - October 8, 2017
- A New Study Confirms That The Curse Of The Second-Born Child Is Real - October 8, 2017
- How to Build Your Confidence as a First Time Mother; Judith’s Story - October 6, 2017