Popular rapper, Yung6ix, gave out 10,000 US dollars to a longtime friend who will be celebrating his birthday today.
According to the rapper, this friend help him with 10,000 Naira at the start of his career in Lagos 8 years ago.
8 years ago @imblackking gave me 10,000 Naira to come to Lagos to chase my dream as an artiste, without that 10k there would be no Yung6ix today. Showed him I’m grateful by giving him 10,000 dollars today. Strictly for motivational purposes only. Don’t just be great be grateful and don’t forget those who helped you when you where nothing
The rapper who has for a while being laying claims to being the rap king in Nigeria recently said he has no competition amongst Nigerian rappers.
When I wanna listen to African rap, I play Yung6ix and SA rappers WTF is wrong with Nigerian Rappers? Wake up
On how he started rapping, Yung6ix in an interview two years ago said:
I started a long time ago in secondary school. To be honest I can’t really pick a specific date, year or season but I know I was still in secondary school when I came up with my first song.
On challenged in the music industry as at that time:
Apart from the politics and tribalism, I think every other challenge could be accepted because in life nothing good comes easy.
He also talked about his record label, KKTBM, which offered him a $500k deal saying:
It is one of the best deals that can happen to a young entrepreneur. The whole deal for my project and the KKTBM is worth about half a million dollars and as the day goes and we grow as a label and a brand, our income and capital for new projects grow too. The name KKTBM is already becoming a household name and we are about to turn it into a franchise.
- Chiwetalu Agu Set To Drop New Music Album - March 22, 2017
- Wyclef Jean Recounts How He Was Wrongfully Arrested By LAPD - March 22, 2017
- Doctors Are Under Pressure – Friend Of Doctor Allwell Orji Pens Lengthy Message - March 22, 2017
- Its A Blessing He Died – Woman Recounts How Her Husband Was Sexually Abusing Their 4-Year Old - March 22, 2017
- Nigerians Drag Rosaline Meurer As She Enables IG Comments - March 22, 2017
- Reason Singer Mel B Split From Husband Of 10-years Finally Revealed - March 22, 2017
- Police Bar Mother From Seeing Son Arrested Since 2015 - March 22, 2017
- Pregnancy Week 11: All You Need To Know - March 22, 2017
- Georgina Onuoha Celebrates Daughter As She Turns 10 - March 22, 2017
- Nasarawa State Governor’s Son To Be Charged With Manslaughter For Death Of Student - March 22, 2017